LINERBALL STARTS JANUARY 8th 2017!
Call 505-296-6699 with any questions you may have.
What is Linerball and How do I Play?
LINERBALL is The Line-Drive Hitting Competition played each year in January
at the Los Altos Batting Range in Albuquerque, NM. Everyone is welcome - All ages
Los Altos Batting Range across from The Los Altos Skate Park.
Sign-Up Deadline is Thursday before play starts. IN A NUTSHELL:
Teams compete to see who can hit the most line drives vs. pop-ups or grounders.
Each team plays 8 matches over 4 Sundays during the month of January. Players who attend all four days will get up to 1000 swings each at a cost of $20 per player
or $80 per team although rosters are unlimited.HOW TO PLAY:
- Each team has 4 players
- A player from team "A" hits 15 pitches, then a player from team "B" hits 15 pitches...etc.
- When all four players from each team have hit, you have a point total for one game.
- Two more games are played. You then have a point total for 3 games and a grand total for the match.
- If a Team wins all 3 Games that Team is 4-0.
It is possible to go 2-2 if a team wins only 1 game but has a higher match total.- Each teams plays TWO MATCHES each Sunday SCORING:
- Line Drives score points, Pop-Ups and Grounders do not score points.
- Wherever the ball hits first is what counts:
- The net in front of the machines = 2 points
-The vertical net around the cage outfield = 3 points
- The green deck = 4 pointsPLEASE NOTE:
- It takes about 2-1/2 hours to warm up and play the 2 matches.
- Standings are kept for each team including wins, losses and point totals.- Rosters are unlimited
- Substitutes are OK
- Each player's scores are tallied and players are listed from top point scorer to lowest for each week. - Warm-up start times are 10:30am and 1:30pm COST:
$80 per team for all 8 matches, or $20 per player WHEN & WHERE:
- Each Team plays 2 matches each Sunday (for 4 Sundays total)Los Altos Batting Range across from The Los Altos Skate Park.
- Call 505-296-6699 -
Follow us on Twitter for Coupons & Special Offers: